CBD products have been working overtime since the pandemic began. With all of the stress that the pandemic has brought with it: unemployment, people getting sick or dying, the uncertainty as to when this will all end, coupled with the stress coming from the social tension of a raised consciousness of the need for social equality, people have been reaching for their CBD or discovering CBD for the first time.
There are lots of reasons why people have been using CBD products to temper the stress prevalent in our world in 2020.
Let’s introduce 3 more stress factors which come into play this Saturday, October 31:
Spooky Halloween Moon
- It’s a full moon on Halloween: full moons are known for a time in the things are a little crazier than other times.
- Halloween is a holiday in which people dress up and pretend they are things they are not, including a segment of costumes and props which denote the darker side of society: dead people coming to life, scenes of cemeteries, ghosts, ghouls, and goblins, etc.… Small kids and pets are sometimes scared of all the stimulus which is prevalent on Halloween.
- Oh, did I mention that we have a contentious election coming up too, 3 days after Halloween? Judging by the raw political emotion on display in Kingston (the big city near High Falls, if there is such a thing in the Hudson Valley), much stress and raw emotion about the election candidates is on display these days leading up to the election.
- Mercury is in Retrograde – according to the Farmer’s Almanac:Three times a year, it appears as if Mercury is traveling backward in the sky. We refer to these periods as times when Mercury is in retrograde motion, or simply “Mercury retrograde.” These times in particular were traditionally associated with confusion, delay, and frustration.For the record, mercury is in retrograde from October 13th to November 3rd, yet another reason why this Halloween occurs during a period of stress.
According to the lore, when Mercury goes out of retrograde, many things which seem out of whack, fall into place… so is it just a coincidence that the mercury goes out of retrograde on Election Day?
- In addition to being a full moon this coming Halloween holiday, this full moon is also a Blue Moon. You have heard the phrase, “once in a blue moon”, which basically refers to the fact that blue moons do not happen often. You might ask, what is a Blue Moon?A blue moon is when there are two full moons in a given month, which basically means these happen approximately ever 2 and a half years. The next time there will be a blue moon on Halloween is in 19 years, so buckle your seatbelts and keep your CBD near you during this period.What has seemed like an upside-down year, full of stress, will become even more upside down, perhaps with a peak in stress and uncertainty this coming Halloween.
Be Wise About CBD Products
As always, with any CBD product, there are certain steps you should take before using CBD:
- Consult with your health care provider to ensure that CBD will not conflict with any other medications you might be taking, or to make sure that CBD will not exacerbate a pre-existing condition.
- Purchase your CBD from a company that follows the creation of the CBD from seed to finished product.
- Purchase your CBD from a company that has many positive consumer reviews which have been verified by an independent party.
- Purchase your CBD from a company that undergoes independent 3rd party lab tests at every step along the way from seed to finished product.
- To the extent that it is relevant to your lifestyle, purchase CBD products which are Vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free and non-GMO
Choose the CBD Form that Works Best For You
Once you have figured out the company you want to purchase your CBD from, there are many forms from which to choose to take your CBD:
- CBD Tinctures – a very popular form and fast-acting and easy to adjust the amount of CBD you are taking.
- CBD Topicals – a cream or lotion is very easy to apply to a specific part of your body which might be achy or painful. Lip Balms with CBD can be more effective than other forms of lip balms.
- CBD Softgels – easy to take on the go with precision of the amount of CBD you are desiring to take.
- CBD Gummies – as with softgels, these too are easy to take on the go with a precision of the amount of CBD you wish to take. Unlike softgels, it is possible to consume a piece of a gummy, so there is more flexibility in terms or usage amount, over softgels.
Regardless of the form factor, you take, CBD could be a useful aid in helping manage the stress of these times, with a heightened sense of attention to this coming Halloween holiday.