Winter vegetables are in abundance this time of year and there are so many ways to make it your own.
One way to spice up your holiday meal is to pair roasted Acorn squash with CBD Chimichurri sauce for a delectable side to any main course.
Made with surprisingly easy-to-find ingredients, like red-wine vinegar, garlic, hemp seeds, and fresh herbs—this homemade Argentinian sauce provides an amazing amount of flavor.
We recommend adding High Falls Hemp NY CBD Tincture to bring out the savory flavors of the hemp seed while helping to feed your mind, body, and soul.
*Please note that CBD should only be served to those 18 years and older
- 1 large Acorn Squash
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Dusting of Salt and pepper
* As with any recipe containing CBD, please make sure your guests are 18 years or older.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds
- Slice acorn squash into slices ½ in thick
- In a large bowl add acorn squash, parmesan cheese, thyme, hemp, hemp oil, salt and pepper and toss everything together
- Place on a oiled sheet pan
- Roast in oven until tender around 25 min. Make sure you flip the squash half-way through.
- When you remove the squash from the oven and drizzle with CBD chimichurri sauce and parmesan cheese. Please reference this guide when determining the amount of CBD preferred: https://highfallshempny.com/dosing-basics/*When using CBD, please ensure that all guests are 18 years or older.
CBD Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 1 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and small diced/chopped)
- 3 teaspoon lemon zest grated on micro plane
- ½ cup olive oil
- 7.2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 small fresh red chilies seeded and diced
- 1 tsp hemp seed
- 1 small diced shallot
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl mix together all of the listed ingredients and allow to rest 2 to 24 hours (refrigerated) to allow flavors to release.